Responsive Website Design Facts: Nowadays, everyone including adult own smartphones and about 60% of all website traffic is from mobile devices. Mobile usage is increasing every month, so more and more prospects and customers will see your website from the mobile device every month. If their experience and interaction with your website are bad, then they will be less convinced about your brand, and they will also be more likely to visit a competitor’s site.
1. ONLINE SHOPPING ON MOBILE DEVICES IS STEADILY GROWING
- Online Shopping is much easier and favorable when you can do it on your favorite chair while watching TV, then it is even easier. 80% of consumers use their smartphones to shop online regularly. And 70% of buyers now use mobile phones in stores during the holidays.
- If your products and services are not easy to look through the phone, then you are missing an opportunity.
2. SOCIAL MEDIA CAN INCREASES MOBILE VISITORS
- More than 55% of social media consumption is now on mobile devices, so sharing links to social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, or Pinterest of your website means more and more traffic to your website from mobile devices will come.
- So if you have a Social Media Marketing strategy and you want to take advantage of the social sharing of content, then get Responsive Website Design.
3. RESPONSIVE WEBSITES IMPROVE SEO RANKINGS
- Responsive website development is Google’s recommended approach to mobile web design. Responsive websites will perform better in search rankings because they provide a better user experience than those websites that are not mobile-friendly. In addition to that, Google likes responsive websites use different URLs for several mobile versions of websites.
- In addition, the mobile phone also has a different Google search algorithm, so just because your site is in a high position through desktop search does not mean that it is good for individuals to do the same search through their phone will continue to rank as well.
- This issue becomes even more serious when you think that mobile search will overtake desktop searches in the coming years! If you think Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is important, then your site will be better responsive.
4. RESPONSIVE WEBSITE DESIGNS CAN BE ADAPT TO MULTIPLE DEVICES SIZES
- Want to see your web design brilliant, no matter what device or screen size? Then there is a way to go for responsive website design. But do not think about just smartphones and tablets today. Think about tomorrow with smartwatches and Google Glass, and whatever new devices pop up to watch the internet. Responsive web design and development will work for them as well.
5. ONE SITE IS EASIER TO MANAGE AND INCREASE R.O.I.
- There are currently many organizations that actually have two websites: 1) Their main site, 2) Another is the mobile version of their site. This was a common practice before the responsive development method became the most preferred method today.
- With a responsive website, your site will be adaptable for each device, which provides relevant layouts and content that meets users’ needs. It also means that there will be only one website for managing your business, which means that you only need to update the content once, even though if people consume your content differently. This means that less web content management costs and higher ROIs.
6. RESPONSIVE WEBSITE PROVIDE A BETTER UX
- There are many business reasons for applying a responsive website, but they all connect with the goal of providing a better user experience for your audience.
- A responsive website means that there is no other pinching and zooming to see the entire site, and not more side-scrolling, which does not fit on the mobile screen. And a better user experience reduces bounce rates, increases website conversion, and improves brand perception.
The Future of Responsive Website Design for Mobile
- We know that Google requires the following customized elements for an effective mobile-friendly user experience using responsive web design:
- Text that is at a readable size, without the need for zooming.
- Content that fits a device’s screen, without the need for horizontal scrolling.
- Links & buttons which are adequately spaced out, so that tapping is not difficult.
- Reasonable load times for pages.
- No use of Flash!
- An increase in mobile devices is the beginning of change for more convenient web usage. It is important to make sure that your website can be viewed anywhere by your users on any device because smartwatches such as wearable become more popular.
Responsive website design can be achieved using different techniques. Please have a look at our other blog on WordPress vs Static HTML – What’s Best for Your Business Website?